Help! I'm being held captive by a 2 year old. He refuses to leave the house, or if he does walk out the front door, will go no further than the end of our block and say 'go home'. I broke down into tears when I neighbor asked me yesterday if I was going out. It worked out well 'cause she offered to babysit Edamame while I did some very necessary grocery shopping.
You may say 'Well, you're the mom, just pick the kid up and go!' Let me list the reasons not to now
1. I want my child to love not fear me
2. I have no drivers license, that means we walk to the store.
3. Edamame is heavy and needs to burn off some extra toddler energy, it's good for him.
4. 007 has either been teaching baby #2 the one inch punch while I'm sleeping or slipped him some contraband brass knuckles to use when he kicks and punches, which can be EXTREMELY painful at times. Not something I want to deal with while carrying the screaming 2 year old and a bag of groceries.
Ok so life isn't that bad, but I'd like some fresh air, exercise, and some adult contact. I am getting some good time reading Little Women for the first time since fourth grade(I know I'm a loser for waiting so long).
Here, to balance it out, some good things going on.
Laundry - I'm really starting to like hanging laundry. It is starting to feel cathartic in a way.
Taking out the Trash - the mornings are crisp, I don't waddle yet, and I like using my feet and legs to walk to our trash drop off area.
The Temple - 007 took his monthly trip tonight. I hope he enjoys it! I get extra reading time in too.
Tie dye - Edamame looks super cute in his new tie dye shirt. This is not his Peter Pan shirt though.
A fun kid - I may be frustrated, tired and cranky, but his energy and smile make me try hard even when I don't want to. We practiced 'capoeira' on my bed today. He jumped like a mad man all over the place. He drew some surprisingly good pictures of apples.


Oh and he was 'adding'. I put it in quotes because I'd say 'dinner is 3 minutes' and he'd say 'dinner in FOUR minutes'. I'd like to think it is adding, but it is much more likely that he just knows the sequence of numbers. Last, but not least, he followed me out when I finally was too tired of the house to stay inside any longer, and played until he got knocked over when the neighbors dog ran away from him as he was holding the lead.
Oh and he was 'adding'. I put it in quotes because I'd say 'dinner is 3 minutes' and he'd say 'dinner in FOUR minutes'. I'd like to think it is adding, but it is much more likely that he just knows the sequence of numbers. Last, but not least, he followed me out when I finally was too tired of the house to stay inside any longer, and played until he got knocked over when the neighbors dog ran away from him as he was holding the lead.
3 comments:
I'm so sorry you're trapped. I've felt like that before as well. Although I am not above telling them that we absolutely have to go somewhere and so we go (but we have a car so the people we pass can't hear them if they're screaming ;)
Do you have a stroller? I would also just wait until snack or lunch time and make a to-go meal so I could get in a walk, or errand, while Bean was busy eating, which meant we were both happy.
Good luck!
I've done that with the stroller, but haven't for awhile. It may be time to start that up again.
I'm so sorry - but glad someone came to your help. It is hard being preggers and being trapped at home.
But you do make such cute offspring. ;-)
Post a Comment