Saturday, October 11, 2008

all by myself

Edamame has definitely hit the 'all by myself' phase.  While there are still times he wants to 'eat like a baby' and have me feed him, overall he is gaining a very wild independent streak.  I need to figure out what to do when he doesn't listen to what I say, so that he knows there are repercussions, though usually when I say things sternly he looks away or downcast, so I think he is getting the message.  Yesterday was crazy though, 007 drove to do a wharehouse check, and ending up getting home after bedtime, so I got the dishes done before he came home.  While I was doing that, this is what Edamame did...
we already had a box of soymilk open in the fridge, but he ripped the tab off, and poured himself a huge glass.  Fortunately he also cleaned it up with some help.

Oh and yes another potty training day.  He did awesome in the morning, and even told me he had to go pee pee(great timing too, just before the JW's walking up and down the street got to our door, I think they even saw us go inside!), but afternoon he wasn't as in touch with his body.  Oh well, at least he can put his own diaper on, so that is one more step I don't have to do.

No comments: