Ok, but on to the meat of the post. I'm not a daring baker(and truthfully don't like a lot of the challenge foods), but I do like to try some new things. I come up with a lot of fails, a few middle of the roads...like tonight's pesto sauce, and every once in a while some big hits. I chanced upon two in the last few days so it is time to share.

The first is scones! I got the recipe from a cookbook that the awesome owner of Alishan Organic Foods gave to me when mom and I went there to check it out. I love that place, but it is a good 90+ minutes away by train. I'll try to post the recipe, but the boys and me all loved it. We added some blueberries in a strawberry sauce and yogurt or sour cream and viola! pure heaven.


The second hit was steamed bread. Get this, I made it in my RICE COOKER!! It was easy, my house didn't become an oven...ok well it did, but not because of the bread just because it is flippin' hot, and the kids downed it. I liked the texture, and will probably try again in a few days. It was just soooooooooo easy, can I emphasize that even more? If anyone has any interest I'll translate some recipes. I'd suggest having a chinese/japanese style rice cooker though.
No comments:
Post a Comment