Friday, September 24, 2010

Baby shower cake!

I have more exciting developments in our household to write about, but FIRST I want to brag about the cool cake I made for a baby shower we went to today. It was post delivery, but fun to see the baby. Being the horrible mother that I am, I put the kids in front of Word World to finish it so that BK would not continue to steal pieces of cake and ruin the frosting(again).





The reason I want to brag is because I made EVERYTHING in it. From the chocolate custard filling(yum) to the marzipan lady bugs. I think if I were to do it again I'd do it single tiered with thicker cake layers. I preferred the chocolate ganache to the white chocolate ganache, but it looked nice, and other people can enjoy the taste. If I were to do the white chocolate again I'd use a frosting recipe instead of a ganache recipe, just for personal taste preference reasons. Overall it turned out great, and I have two kids who are going to be nicking left over marzipan for the next two weeks. I've seen many of the lovely ladies out there among my blog buddies who've done much better, but this turned out how I wanted it for once and I'm very pleased.

2 comments:

kim said...

Great cake!!! I've never done marzipan.

Amy said...

I love the cake design. The ladybugs are awesome!