Thursday, March 12, 2009

Random Thoughts

1. Edamame has kicked me out. He no longer can fall asleep for naptime with me in the room. I miss the snuggles, and the extra sleep. It is a good thing in the long run, but I need to deal with that. Part of it was me though, I'd get sleepy and he'd still be kicking stuff and I'd yell at him. For the last week or two I've had to tell him I'm going downstairs because I'm "Not being a nice mommy. I'll come up when I'm happy again." He seems to understand, but makes me promise to hang laundry in the room next door instead.

2. Should I change Edamame's nom de plume to Utah? Get it? hehe. Besides Edamame is way too long to type out, but Utah can be abbreviated to UT.

3. 007 had never heard the song Home on the Range until last night! It popped up in one of our books and he didn't know how to sing the tune for it. So yeah, I know he's Japanese and all, but not hearing Home on the Range at some point in his 8 years in Idaho-Utah surprises me.

4. I got the gumption to go cloth again. Unfortunately today is the day when all the granola we've been horking down is kicking in, AND BK decided to spit up all over our bed.

5. BK and I sleep better when he's in his 'side car'. It's a surprise for me because Edamame was always RIGHT THERE, and still is when he climbs into our bed.

6. I still don't feel 30.

7. I LOVE cinnamon toast.

8. Peppermint really does mess with your milk supply.

9. White Day is coming up. I'm tempted to do something for 007, since he was nice for Valentine's Day. Don't know what White Day is? I'm too lazy to link it, look it up in Wikipedia or Google it.

10. Both of my boys have had MASSIVE poosplosions in their BYU onesie. I'm just saying my boys are getting rather opinionated about this. I thought I was safe after BK's massive one today, and put it on him, WHAM huge spit up! Though, it is always spotlessly clean afterwards, so the laundry machine must be divine. They'll learn to stop listening to mommy on this one and start listening to Daddy, Grandpa J and a few of you others out there.

2 comments:

icephoenix said...

UT & BK... *ponders* hehhe

home home on the range... before i could speak english that was a 'required' song to learn in ESL so that we could 'perform' in front of an audience of 1000 and show that we could... sing in english? it was strange...

that, along with
5'2, this land is your land, it's a small world??? how the heck does that disney song fit, you're a grand old flag, *ponders* i'm not sure what else.. oh! my country tis of thee?

heh...

La Yen said...

Keep making them wear the Cougar Colors. They will learn to love it, like we all did. FORCE IT. That's what I do. TRUE BLUE THROUGH AND THROUGH.

I am also too lazy to google White Day.