Monday, March 9, 2009

I got diamonds for my b-day!

Here's a picture
It's a swiss diamond pan, supposedly made from real crushed diamonds. Now before you go about shouting "Down with the Oppressor" at 007 (and dad) for getting a frying pan for my birthday, hear me out. This pan is AWESOME. I don't have to use butter, oil, whatever, it is smoother than my baby's bottom and nothing sticks to it. I've lusted after this for awhile. Cooking is cathartic for me, so a good pan is less of a housewife thing, and more of a make me happy and let me destress thing. Now if you want to talk about laundry, then we can talk about oppression(oy the poop!).

I also got a sunny day and two very excited boys. Edamame didn't take a nap, but 007 suprised me by taking a half day off, so I didn't end up cooking, the boys were asleep early and we got to watch a movie for the first time in a LOOOOOOOOOONG time. Oh and a trip to the fabric store(to add to the fabric and pattern from Pam and mom).



Oh and BK is just a super smiley happy baby. It is hard to catch on camera, but I tried. He is a chatter box too, you start smiling at him and he just talks up a storm.



Not to leave Edamame out too much, here is a picture of him and the 'houses' he built. The one in the middle(yellow) is a book we got him of Pao-chan the elephant, and he LOVES Pao-chan. It's the second book in the series that we've gotten. The first one was Pao-chan's Christmas, so I figured "hey time for something a bit more educational". I picked "Pao-chan and everyone clean up". The take home message is supposed to be picking up is good, but his take home message was "let's build houses and knock them down."


Oh and for anyone who is interested 007 put more videos up, so you get to see more of the fun we have here. Though I don't tape the fun of having Edamame tell me to change his diaper right after he pees. He'll even hold it in and tell me, but he refuses to go on the toilet. Maybe I'll have him go in the shower every time and then switch him to the toilet. Any suggestions? Once it warms up(read: above 55 in the house) I'm so EC'ing BK so that I don't have this. dilemma later. I tried with Edamame, but I was feeling too sick from morning sickness to encourage it enough.

2 comments:

elise said...

i got a great frying pan for my birthday too,i LOVE it! have fun with yours :) and happy birthday too!

icephoenix said...

omgomgomg... OMG! YUM!

and... edamame/bk r soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
cute!