Monday, March 30, 2009

Officially Japanese

BK got his Japanese 'stamp' today as I like to call it. It is actually a TB vaccine(not test people, vaccine), but EVERYONE gets one when they are about 3 months old. 007 has the scar from his, Edamame has his scar and all of his friends do too. My poor baby, but he was a trooper, and thankfully this was his first one(they like to do vaccines one at a time, widely space here, so as not to over load their bodies...smart thinking...hear that AAP?)



Edamame stayed home with Obaachan, and decided not to nap. Oy! He was a beast later today, though he came up with something hillarious. After putting on some of 007's nicely scented lotion he started saying "I'm so pretty mommy, I'm so pretty mommy! I'm a girl!" over and over again. Then when I turned around he started holding his hands funny and talking in a whisper and saying "I'm a girl, hello." He was trying to do a high voice...it was pretty good for a two year old.




oh, and while Obaachan was here I decided to take passport photos. Unfortunately I neglected to notice the red light coming from the sunlight filtering through the tent so I'll have to retake them in a room without a tent, but hey at least these are pretty cute.


5 comments:

Restless Mom said...

hehe. my mom still has her scars. yep. proof you're japanese!

Margo said...

is that how all TB vaccine scars look? wow.

Sarah Bogh said...

poor little guy, not fun! the pics are really cute though! he is such a cute baby!

Luna said...

What cute pictures, red light and all!

La Yen said...

W has his from Venezuela. And every time Army gives him the test he has to go find the little card that says "Yes, this will show up as positive. Because I was vaccinated. Please try and remember this Army."