I've been doing some stuff to try to get me to lose baby weight(and then stuff I gained after I came home from the hospital) and us to eat even healthier. By the way this post is going to be all over the place mentally.
I blended up some strawberries that had been covered in sugar(not that much) a few days ago, added some grated carrot and gelatin and served it as jelly on our PB & J. I think it is kinda like freezer jam, but without the cooking which I guess denatures the fruit's vitamins. I'm going to try it some more. I like adding the grated carrot, good nutrition, but doesn't alter the taste much.
Edamame has rebelled against PB, and he loves Macadamia nuts(pecans, cashews...dang kid and his expensive tastes!). Has anyone ever tried to make their own macadamia nut butter? peanut butter? almond butter? If so, how do you do it?
I love eating just whole grains, they are delicious...more than that, potty time is AWESOME(diaper time on the other hand is much messier....but hey at least everyone, including the plugged up BK is more regular).
my tandoori chicken sucks. I don't normally like Indian food, and tandoori chicken is pretty much the only thing I do like, but I can't make it, so I give up on the whole cuisine! I know many hearts just broke out there, I'm sorry.
007 said my cookies were better than store bought cookies the other day. I'm very happy.
Anyone know of a good way to clean a pasta maker? Love it, but it is a pain to clean.
I'm sad that strawberry season is ending in asia...booger.
I'm happy that we're thinking about heading to the US for the late summer when strawberries(and many other fruits) are in season there.
Rice...oh where do I begin. In an attempt to be healthy with white rice the Japanese add stuff like amaranth, quinoa, sesame seeds, barley, and a variety of other small grains(or stuff manufactured into small grains) to give it a bit more nutrition. I add it to our brown rice, and I LOVE it. I'm stoked and it is fun. I just need to figure out what a few of those things are in English.
Oh! I remembered what I wanted to write about Edamame. I taught him about ladies and gentlemen the other day(he was calling nurses ladies and saying he wanted to be a lady...yeah cross dressing, here we come), and it was cute he was saying stuff like "Hey Lady, help me up the stairs!", "Come here lady." "Lady, gimme that" of course he had no idea why it was so blasted funny to me, but it was. He really liked being a gentleman too, and said his "please"s and "thank you"s religiously the rest of the day. Totally not food related, but when you remember, you remember.
I'll try to get a picture of his scar to show what BK's vaccine will turn into.
4 comments:
So with adding the quinoa into the brown rice... do you add extra water? I'm going to have to try that. I want to work in more quinoa into our diet. ;-)
Where and when are you going to be in the states?
I only add about a TBSP of quinoa so you don't really need to add extra water, I would assume if you added a lot more you probably would.
We'd be going to Utah, and we still have to check fares and stuff.
I've made sunflower seed butter before...which is the same as making most alternative nut butters. I just put it in the food processor. They go from whole, to ground, to powdery. If you wait long enough all of a sudden the oils release and you get it to buttery. I think with some of the lower fat nuts you may have to add a little oil. There is also the option of adding a bit of salt or roasting the nuts a bit first.
have you ever seen americastestkitchen.com? they claim to have the best (easy) tandoori chicken recipe. i haven't ever tried that one, but i do like the recipes i've gotten there.
Post a Comment