The boys are sleeping now, we'll head to bed soon, and call it a great day. It wasn't too hectic, BK was GREAT during the blessing, even talking a bit, and it was a very sweet prayer by daddy. Plus I'm stoked that he didn't change the name!
relaxing after a hard day

The whole crew. You can tell how happy BK is to be photographed. He was exhausted at this point. Edamame was pretty tired too, but the pinwheel was WAY cool.

Another lounging photo, this captures his personality much better.

Mad, but oh so cute!

What would any celebration in Japan be without karaoke? I think this is before we all became pirates.

6 comments:
great pics! congratulations on your beautiful fam.
BK is adorable...and Edamame is awesome in his Nemo apron.
cute baby pics! cute cute!
About Japanese Kindergartens... our biggest decision was whether we wanted Evan to go to a american school on base that focused on the individual or japanese that focused more on the group. We've been happy with our decision to send Evan to japanese kindergarten. I've notice that the other kids in the class helping each other out. maybe helping putting on coats or giving directions to other kids that aren't doing what they're supposed to. For Evan he's not used to this and he doesn't understand the language that well yet that he gets frustrated that he's being pushed to do things when he wants to do it on his own. He's learning this, but I've noticed that he plays on his own a lot too. There is a girl in his class that just loves to pay Evan attention and she's helped him adjust. He has picked up some "bad" words in Japanese. Things like "damedaiyo" "yada" "nai" stuff like that. I'm sure your son will fair better since he speaks japanese already.
I like that they focus on all aspects of childhood development. And they even teach good behavior in a formal setting with their tea ceremony days.
My dislikes are the uniforms. But that's a Japan-wide thing I have that kids wear shorts even in the winter time. They heat the classrooms very warm, but then they send them out with just what they wear indoors to play outside. no coats. I put sweater vests on Evan, but he get over heated in the classroom. I can't win. Evan has complained to me that he doesn't want to play outside sometimes cause it's cold. The idea behind this is that kids need to build immunization to illness through being out in the cold. I don't agree.
Overall, we're happy and glad to see that Evan is learning to be independent in taking care of his own things, and learning to interact with other kids too.
He is so so so cute!!! What a special day- I love blessing days!
How cute! Sounds like things went well!
Hey Nicole! Fun to read your blog and see your growing family! Steve Mercer and I are both here in Charlotte NC - sometimes we see each other. My brother and his wife live in Tokyo. He works at Yokoda AFB. Nathan Frost is his name. We'd love to come see you in Japan! Maybe someday! (That was from Paul)
Now this is from Tess: I really enjoy dropping over and checking out your blog! Congrats on the new baby! Looks like you guys are having lots of fun. Your son is precious!
Post a Comment