Friday, February 27, 2009

The rain went away, but the snow came instead

Yep, make sure you don't sing that blasted 'rain, rain, go away' song, it just might get worse!

Ok, I'm actually really excited to see it snow, I just hope the ground can cool down enough for it to stick. Edamame keeps asking to make snowmen now. Oy!

Due to our housebound status I've allowed Edamame to watch home videos of himself. I then let him watch more so that I could cut his hair. It has, unfortunately become evil. He cried for about 30 min yesterday begging to watch again after he'd watched half the morning away. I had to cut him off(especially since I felt like a pusher for giving him his 'crack' just to cut his hair). We'll be going cold turkey until he gets sick again, which may be soon since his nose is running from the afore mentioned breakdown. I was feeling mighty guilty, and couldn't even to get him to eat a snack, when he asks to make birthday cake. Ok, he's calming down, sure we'll make some cupcakes, he'll get something in his stomach and feel better, and I can get him to eat a nutritious meal soon(he doesn't eat when he's over hungry and upset...it's an odd thing).

We made the cake, that incidentally I'd been craving for the last few days, and would've made, but I got awesome box mix and want to make that first, and blah blah blah. I had the GREAT idea to 1/3rd the recipe, so we only have to dispose of 10 cupcakes(only 5 of those will go to my posterior instead of a regular batch in which case 15 would). They we're made, and then I discovered the REAL reason he wanted cupcakes. He wanted to have a birthday party for himself.

We had to light a candle and sing. 
Can you see him sucking in his upper lip because of the snot??



Then when it was all done, we clapped.



Repeat the same process for mommy's cupcake, or for the zucchini muffins he ate afterwards. Oh and do it again this morning before breakfast(and another breakdown because I wouldn't let him eat one of the donuts daddy brought home last night...thanks sweetheart!).

He did get a donut last night after bathtime. Fuzzy, but can you see the chocolate all over him?


No worries about malnutrition though, he had milk&soymilk, whole wheat toast(I made it!), chili and rice crackers.

Oh and to make it feel more like someone's birthday, I got a package with 10 kilos of whole wheat flour(ok 10 kilos of anything should make me feel like a pusher again...hmm) and another kilo of bran. There will be fresh bread today baby!

1 comment:

kim said...

Happy Birthday to you. . .

We've been mostly TV free for the last few weeks, and everytime its been a few days and I really want to finish getting dinner/folding the laundry/talking on the phone, so I put on ONE episode of Curious George, I regret it. because then I have to listen to the screaming and whining and crying for at least as long as the show was on. So then I recommit and we go another 4 or 5 days, but I keep thinking that they'd be so grateful to watch for 25 minutes that they will learn. And I like CG--I think its a pretty fun show and would let them watch it everyday if they wouldn't go ballistic afterwards.
TV really is like crack.