Sunday, February 22, 2009

Blog triptych

Panel 1: Edamame
Has been a hoot and a bear all at the same time. We've continued our swashbuckling phase, and the couch is our pirate ship now. He even busted out with this sentence. "I fell in the water, and it was cold." I'm still impressed with his two year old skills.
He's also been painting a lot, and has made three pieces recently, one for mommy, one for Obaachan(pictured), and one for Daddy.





The funny stuff though, has happened today. It being Sunday, we take him into the shower with us and he stays in there until we are all done, and then stays to play until he decides he is cold. He was taking a long time and so I asked him "Are you ok in there?" when he pipes back "I went poo poo and I pee pee too." Sure enough, open the door and he's squatting, with a nice parcel for me to clean up. He knows when he is going, I just wish I could convince him that sitting on the toilet for these functions is a good thing(and not just to sit there when we want to play). I'm soooo ECing BK.
Funny number two comes from the fact that Edamame hasn't been napping on Sundays the last few weeks. We get home too late and miss the golden window of opportunity. He was so tired from running around in nursery, church, at home, everywhere that he started falling asleep in the middle of dinner. 007 caught it on video, it's pretty funny.


Main Panel(panel 2): MEEEEEEE
I went running yesterday! YEAH! It was only a 15 minute run, but not too bad considering it was the first time in 7 months. I was very very very happy. I also have next week's meals planned!

Panel 3: Brass Knuckles

Not much, but we do have some cute pictures. I'm especially excited to show off the picture of him in the sweater. We got it from one of 007's missionaries when Edamame was born, but when he was 6 mos(the label says 6-9 mos) and we tried to put it on him his head was too big. I rediscovered it this morning and it fits pretty dang well. We finally get to use it! Thank you J & A! It is super cute.



Oh which leads me to this, Brass Knuckles is HUGE. When he stretches there are certain pajamas that are stretched to the max. I know I had to bust out the 3-6 month stuff early for Edamame too, but this is crazy. No wonder the poor kid can't poo, he's absorbing every last drop of what he takes in.

3 comments:

Restless Mom said...

congratulations on the run! do people go running for exercise in japan? i don't know that i've ever seen it!

La Yen said...

I will have to email you our story about squatting and pooping on the streets of Japan...

soybeanlover said...

I don't see a lot of people running, there are a few, but usually men. I've only seen one other woman, once, running. Everyone else walks. We have a forest(more like a park with a lot of trees) near the house, so we probably see more exercisers than normal.

LJ -heck yeah, that just sounds like an awesomely disgusting story!