Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Setsubun!


Yesterday was the Japanese equivalent of Ground Hogs day. Basically the start of spring. Obaachan came over and we did the traditionally throwing beans out of the house to scare away Demons and ask for blessings. Edamame totally dug the Demon 'Oni' mask and did some battles with Obaachan while she was an Oni and he was a Lion. It is always a lot of fun to have her over.


In other news, sleep is crazy. I woke up a few nights ago freaking out! I thought I was holding Edamame and that Brass Knuckles had disappeared. I looked all over the bed just to realize that I was still holding BK and hadn't put him down. Opps. That leads me to the other thing, co-sleeping with three boys
see...all three boys
that all want to be snuggled up next to ME.

Oy! Edamame has started coming back to our bed, no surprise really, but it makes me very grateful for the basinet attached bed for BK. One night I woke up to feed BK and both 007 and Edamame were as close to me as they could be without being on top of each other. We could have fit one more adult on the bed with the space that was left over on 007's side.

Also, grandpa came over and Edamame helped him install baby locks on the cabinets. Yeah, we are slow, but I was able to watch one, but with two I'm not going to be able to watch as well. Edamame liked using the power drill.

A LOT!

not much else, Edamame has started memorizing books and reading them back to me. Right now his favorite to read to me is Paonchan no Kurisumasu(Little Elephant's Christmas). It got a bit on video, check out the video page in a few days once we upload the video.

Oh and Brass Knuckles keeps growing, he's starting to get his baby acne right now, but not too bad. We've only been peed on once so far, but hey he's making up for it in spit instead.

3 comments:

La Yen said...

Maybe you can let Dad be in charge of CoSleeping and you can be in charge of CouchSleeping. Because that is ridiculous--nay, riDONKulous.

soybeanlover said...

I'm thinking of making dad co sleep in Edamames bed, that way his snoring won't bother me either. Muhahaha

Maren Berry said...

BK is SOOO cute! I just love his sweet little face! And I can't imagine what 3 boys in the bed would be like! It was tough enough with Jordan in with Mike and me. She still visits in the morning and I think that's my favorite part of the day. :)