Now the part you are looking forward to, the birth stories. Picture will follow once I feel organized again.
Soooo it all started the day 007 was set to leave. At about 4:30 I started feeling what I knew were real contractions, but they stayed weak and were 8-9 min apart. We headed to the hospital, but nothing was really happening, so we went home to spend some time together before 007 had to leave. I of course broke into tears after we got home from dropping him off and doing our test run to the hospital with grandma driving. I was still in pain, but after MANY false starts I was getting frustrated, and lonely, etc. Well after calming down and playing we had dinner(oh and Obaachan had come over too). Obaachan started to notice that hey my downtime for pain was coming more frequently, so we decided to start timing them. I soaked in the tub with Edamame and grandma helped keep track(I'd yell lap, she'd lap it on my stop watch/iphone). By the time Edamame was asleep I was totally ready to go to the hospital. We headed over and I was a stinking 2cm!!!!! Let me tell you I was 1.5ish at 7 that morning. All that pain and 15 hrs later and I was only a stinking 2!! Nevertheless they checked me in because I was a second timer, and mom got sent home. This was about 10:30pm, so I just laid in bed and dealt with it. At the shift change the new midwife came in said hello, and I squeeked out a hi in between contractions. Then I noticed pushing at the end of two of them. So I rang the nurse call and let her know. She was super nice and rubbed my back and then WHAM! My body started REALLY pushing. She of course said it wasn't time yet, but despite the efforts on my part, my body said 'No way sistah!' and BK was crowning within about 2 min. At this point the nurse/midwife is freaking out too and slamming the nurse call button and calling out for more people to help. Eventually she and another nurse get me up and walk/carry me to the delivery room where once I'm set up out pops BK. While I was totally frustrated that I was made to wait, the whole process lasted no longer than 15 min. He was so fast that they didn't even get the IV in me until he was out. I needed the sugar water to help me stop shaking, but it was pretty funny I thought.
I liked how fast he came out, I didn't like that I didn't feel like I had the breathing tools to slow it down when I wanted to. At least the midwife has an awesome story now(she was still stoked about it two days later!), and I know I've inherited my mother/grandmother/sister's mad skills for pushing babies out fast.
Ok Edamame is still awake, time for cake.
7 comments:
Madeline made a very similar appearance. They also weren't listening when I said I needed to push. Next thing you know a very panicked looking nurse is holding my baby asking me to push the page button. Guess I did need to push after all. We like to joke that she delivered herself.
Glad everyone is home and adjusting to the new little one! Enjoy the cake =)
Wow, that's nuts! Glad you are home and everyone is doing well!! Congrats again!
You were all by yourself? Oh, you poor woman! Sounds like it all went well despite the 2 cm so yay! Hopefully you are resting and your husband is either home or will be soon.
Um can I just say you rock. I love having stories to tell your kids. I puked Caitlin out, yup you read that right.
Good job! I have to say I am glad it went so fast for you, esp without 007 there!
nice job- why didn't I inherit those get the baby out fast stuff - man, my mom jipped me!
Wow... you are a baby making factory. ;-) So glad you're all together again. So sorry no family was there to help you through it. You brave woman - YOU.
Post a Comment