So I totally missed out on the second baby's birth. I just started my annual US business trip and I was still standing in line for Immigrations at LAX when Soybeanlover gave him a birth. My final destination was Las Vegas and didn't hear the message until 13 hours later (I had poor reception on my iPhone and had some trouble connecting internet at the hotel). When I heard the news, I was happy but felt extremely sorry for Soybean and BK for not being there. I hear they are both doing well.
So after I checked in, my boss and I dropped off our stuff at our rooms, went out for dinner and check out the local Costco. I did some shopping there and asked my boss to drop me off at Target on the way back, shopped there and walked back 3 miles to the hotel. By the time I checked in, my phone's juice was out so I left it at the hotel to get it charged, and when I came back 5 hours later, there were several missed calls from Soybean. I tried to call her back but my phone wasn't getting enough reception, so I went to 7-11 nearby, picked up an international calling card, and after several tries, finally got through and was able to talk to her.
Edamame was there and he seemed really happy about Connor. When I talked to him, I said,
"so you are big brother now!"
Edamame: "Big Brother!"
007: "and you have a little brother now!"
Edamame:"He's BK(we've already picked a name for him, and Edamame picked it last week from 2 options that we had), it's his birthday." and started singing Happy Birthday song. It was really cute.
I feel horrible for not being there for them but am also feel very happy to finally see BK (on a photo for now). Good job, Soybean! I love you.
3 comments:
oh i am so sad for you 007! but so happy for you at the same time! congrats on being a father to number 2 even if its from a distance for now. :) call us if you want to go out, there are several new Roberto's open since you were here last and they are pretty close to our place. we'd love to have you over if you get a chance!
I am sure nicole loves that you went and bought a calling card to talk to her- Congrats Nicole- way to go!!!eager for details
OOOH so is the name Connor? Very cute.
Post a Comment