Thursday, November 6, 2008

Zoorasia..again!

Reminder: Look at this post, and leave comments for your baby birthday guess!
Thank you to those who've already guessed.


With our friend Mrs. Emily(to distinguish between her and other Emilys) in town we had the chance to go to Zoorasia again.  It is always a big hit with Edamame and yesterday was no exception.  He loved the animals, unfortunately there is no Koala there, but the Kangaroos distracted him from that fact.

We started out the day riding the train, and since it was soooooo cold I taught Edamame how to put his hands in his pockets.  This was great, but he refused to take them out.


 After seeing some cool monkeys,




the lions which ran away,


and taking some pictures,


it seemed high time to get a "souvenir".  


He tripped over the sidewalk and wasn't able to put his hands(remember, pocket obsession) out for the impact, and so has a very red, swollen lip with a big gash on the inside of his mouth too.  Luckily there was another mommy there that had some bacitracin and an anpanman bandaid for the side of his head.  Once he caught his breath he kept asking to see the otters as he cried.  I'm impressed with his persistence even in the face of such great pain.  It looks pretty bad today still, I'll try to snap another shot, so you can see how yucky it is.

Oh and I gave the wound a salt water bath this morning to kill bacteria, it hurt a lot, but he ate better for lunch, so I think it helped a bit.

Back to the zoo....we had fun, and hoped Mrs. Emily did too!




Oh, and just 'cause I think these pictures are sooo stinkin' cute.  Gap totally lost out last year when they didn't choose Edamame for the model contest.


2 comments:

Mark and Emily said...

He does look like a Gap baby model, but with his new owie... I don't know!! It sounds like he's recovering, I had so much fun - minus the faceplant accident! Thanks guys!

Amy said...

dang cute gap picture - I agree