Saturday, August 21, 2010

Recipes, festivals, and kung fu

First off, recipes. Margo has asked for a noodle recipe, and I was wondering what kind of recipes would everyone like to see? Cold weather, warm weather? no noodles at all? Something else entirely that is Japanese. Please don't ask for sushi though.

Second, I LOVE festivals. It makes the hot summer bearable. Usually there are some shrines carried through the street, dancing, drumming, fun games for the kids, and good food. Edamame and 007 went to the best festival of all tonight. Down the street a bit there is an ice cream factory that hosts a festival every year. They also give out free ice cream. If it weren't for a headache and a very tired BK I would have gone too. Fortunately they brought back ice cream. One of my favorites! Choco monaka. Deliciousness


Yum! Chocolate in the middle.

In case you are ever here, this is what the package looks like.



And last but not least, kung fu! Oh how we love you. Edamame has invented dinosaur style kung fu, and we've come up with the brilliant plan of learning kung fu as a family. Yes I know I am 22 weeks pregnant, but I'm ready to learn real kung fu! Ed was way excited about this idea too. I'm going to keep pestering 007 to look up places to train for kung fu.

That's all for now. I'll try to do a post all about Ed and his interests soon.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Yummy! I love the Korean equivalent. You have to be careful here, though. If you grab the wrong package it is red bean in the middle instead! I even like red bean, but when you think you are getting chocolate, it's a bit of a disappointment!

Sarah Bogh said...

yum! that looks so good! I want some! send some over real quick k! :)

Beverly said...

ohhh yes, also my fav. I'd never had it before coming to Japan, but had seen it, and that was the first thing I wanted to eat after moving here. I will def miss that when we have to move.
I like your idea for family kungfu! If you do find a place that's close to us, let me know and we'll join your family! hahahah