Monday, August 30, 2010

Ramen!


I took this picture on the sly, but I thought I'd share how to doctor up ramen so that it isn't just junky. Albeit there is still a ton salt in it, adding veggies, etc. helps.

This is for you Margo! Especially since it is winter where you are, this will keep you warm any time of day. It will work with any kind of ramen, but I prefer the pork bone flavored. Since Edamame is an Easter fanatic we usually have a good supply of hardboiled eggs around. Cut that in half, and throw it in. I added some spinach near the end of boiling, Ed likes corn in his as well. I also put kimchee in mine.

Other potential condiments I've seen
cooked bamboo shoots
some kind of pork(special made)
sautéed bean sprouts, cabbage, carrots, and green peppers(007 like these with it)
wakame seaweed
shrimp
fish sausage/naruto(also a Ed favorite because it is pink)
leek
gyoza/Japanese pot stickers...smaller than the Chinese kind.


So ramen fans, what do you like on your ramen?

1 comment:

Margo said...

Thanks... we usually add peas, but your additions are much more exciting. Maybe I can find some pre-made gyoza to add.