Sunday, May 3, 2009

Oshiko pack

I was really nervous taking BK to the ER last night, but when I heard
about the oshiko pack I was very very relieved. Today's japan cool is
weird to say the least. I've heard that in the US they cath infants to
get urine samples. All I can say is yuck, what a great way to make a
suffering kid feel worse. Here they used a "pee" pack. What it is, is
a long plastic bag with an opening that is surrounded by a double
sided sticker. Clean the kid, stick it on, and wait. Very little
fuss. I think it is awesome! Thank you for not putting my kid through
more pain.

Though the fever reducing medicine delivery method leaves a bit to be
desired. Hint, it isn't Tylenol through a dropper.

I'll try to get a pic if I can.

Sent from my iPhone

3 comments:

Luna said...

They have those pee bags too. At one point we thought Kiah had a UTI when she was little. She was not happy about the bag. She screamed for an hour and held her urine. it was aweful. Eventually I got her calmed down. It was kinda cute. They cut a slit in the diaper to fit the bag. That when if there wasn't a great seal (it is a bit trickier with girls) the diaper would catch it. But we have done caths as well.

PamNoyes said...

Yeah, I think the Japanese Dr are trying to make themselves look better, they used one of those bag things for Tenna when she was a baby too. We are not as primitive as you think.

elise said...

yep, we've had the pee bag too, not fun for a girl!