Sunday, April 19, 2009

Weather Talismans and more!

Edamame is an avid reader and really loves this ABC book that we got from someone. I HATE it because it has so many mistakes in it I cringe that he might learn "Engrish". One of the good things he learned though was about 'teru teru bozu'.


I thought they were ghosts, but nope, they are there to ward off bad weather and rain. Kids put them up the day before field trips, etc. for nice weather. I'm excited to make this a little tradition in the house. I'm starting to pick the stuff we want to pick up, and toss the stuff we don't want. I'm still up in the air about what to do on Easter(I'm not a fan of commercialize Christian holidays, but how much of it is culture?). Anyway, fun to hang in windows, umbrellas. Tissue ghosts aren't just for Halloween anymore.


Oh, and 'cause I know you want to see me first thing in the morning.

No comments: