The first full day there we headed to the aerospace museum near Narita airport. It was small, but both of the boys loved it. BK wouldn't stop saying "eh-peh" airplane. By the time we left he was saying "koki" hikoki just like Ojiichan.




He is so in love with airplanes and dinosaurs. Every time he hears the planes fly overhead he tells us all it was an airplane.
Day two involved a fun trip to the beach. I was starting to come down with whatever 007 had a day earlier, so I took no pictures. Obaachan took a few, but I've yet to get them from her. We were blessed to go at low tide and both of the boys had a blast playing on the mostly exposed sand bar, digging rivers and lakes and getting dirty.
Day three was a Saturday, so we could finally share the fun with daddy. Edamame has been begging to go to an aquarium for weeks. Then again he wants to go back as soon as we leave most times, but he's been especially vocal about wanting to go lately. The aquarium at Kasai is very inexpensive and pretty nice, so we headed out, tried to avoid the ferris wheel so that Ed wouldn't beg to go on too much, and enjoyed looking at the fish or "kaka" sakana.
Remember this picture? We tried to recreate it, but without anywhere near the same amount of success

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!! How tall am I mom?


Afterwards we stopped by Krispy Kreme on the way home. Since then we've had to make paper donuts here.
Day four was Sunday and Conference Sunday at that. We'd watched the two Saturday sessions earlier in the week, but we tried to keep the boys at the Stake Center for the two Sunday sessions. I was really surprised when we made it all the way to the second session, but it deteriorated quickly after that. Ed was climbing all over 007 and the boys were out and done within an hour of the start. We finished watching at Obaachan's and Ojiichan's on 007's laptop while they were out. It was a lot easier to pay attention then.
Day Five was another beach day and a BBQ with Uncle Takahiro. I got lots of compliments on Grandpa's BBQ sauce recipe, and need to translate it for the family. Thanks GreatGrandpa O! After nap time and a delicious dinner of soba and tempura we headed home. Ed and BK keep asking for Obaachan to come over. I guess they'll be really excited when I have to go back to the Dr. next week.
No comments:
Post a Comment