Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Child Labor

Well it seems Edamame is going to start doing his fare share around here.

See, evil mom, making him vacuum.  Ok so he actually begged to do it, and loved sucking up whatever I pointed out to him.  Then today he goes and wants to make his own PB & J.  I ended up doing the J part, but he did a fair amount of the PB.

Oh, and the other day I got a phone call from a professional photographer(friend of a friend that we randomly met a few weeks ago) asking him to model for a catalogue.  Talk about pulling his financial weight!
Isn't he the cutest pirate with pink boots.  "Mommy, I not a pirate!"

But just so you know, it isn't all work.  We've introduced him to the wonderful mind numbing world of iPhone games!
There is this one with singing pumpkins that he LOVES.  If he sees 007 playing with his iPhone he tries to grab it from him.  I like it 'cause it makes 007 not play with it as much.

As for mommy, I'm starting to go through the lounging on my butt phase.  This also means that our Christmas cards will be digital this year, so we'll be saving my sanity and we'll save the earth at the same time.  The sad thing is, this phase may be rather short lived.  Turns out Brass Knuckles has decided to turn himself around and was breech this morning at the Dr.'s office.  So, I'll try some exercises to turn him around, and we'll go back next week and see how he is.  Depending on how that goes, we may have a baby sooner than expected.  I don't want to give away the day, but the C-section day already decided if he hasn't turned.  That also meant lots of tests for me this morning, including getting my blood drawn a second time(much to the surprise of the nurses at the blood drawing station), a heart check and a chest X-ray.  His growth is good, his weight gain was a bit slower, but I've been sick, so it is to be somewhat expected.  I'm thinking about improvising a neti pot to clear out my sinuses.

Ok, off to wrap the presents we got from Grandpa in the mail today.

Oh and if you are the praying sort, pray for a turned baby.

9 comments:

Jennifer said...

Ug, I'm sorry! I hope he turns for you. Hannah was the amazing turning baby that last month. Breech, not breech, breech, etc. I swear she must have turned once a day. She finally ended up head down when it mattered but we were praying hard to avoid a c-section! I'll send some prayers your way!! We had someone tell us to put the iPod headphones and shine a flashlight low on the abdomen to try to entice her down. Don't know if that made a difference or not, but she was turned down at the next appointment!! Will they try to turn him if he doesn't flip or just skip straight to the c-section?

soybeanlover said...

Because I'm Rh- and there are other added complications with an ECV they probably won't try, but I'm planning on asking.

They do have me do this weird butt in the air, head on the ground thing, where I just stay like that for 10 min to kind of encourage him to turn(like the iPod and flash light thing). We'll definitely try the iPod thing, if nothing else because it sounds like fun.

Jennifer said...

I'm RH- too =) Makes it extra fun in Asia, eh? And yeah the butt in the air thing was suggested too. I think at one point I was doing all 3 at the same time. I figured it wouldn't hurt and if it would spare me a surgery I was all over it! They had agreed to try turning Hannah but only if I was willing to be induced immediately. Luckily she eventually ended up head down. Makes you nervous though!! Good luck and may he turn for you!

Margo said...

OK, now I'm up to speed. I laid on an ironing board upside down against the couch, and also considered buying some herb that has proven to turn babies. They might have that in Japan. SUpposedly there are some acupuncture techniques that have decent success rates. Go get poked with a needle!

PamNoyes said...

Mom brought over a neti pot yesterday and I am totally sold. I have a fantastic cold and I could feel the pressure relief in my sinuses immediately. I would totally advise it. ;)

Amy B said...

Digital christmas cards are great- they save the earth- your time, your money, and your sanity!!!

Stephanie said...

Have you ever spent time on the spinning babies website? I tend towards posterior babies which is why I've spent so much time on it, but it does talk about breech babies as well. I'm sure it's frustrating having to worry about the baby being breech with such a medicalized pregnancy (uhh, I think I just made up a word). :/ I do know of quite a few babies that rotated during labor (mine rotated a lot--others I know went from breech to head down), but I guess that doesn't help you if you are planning on just scheduling a c/s. :/ I'll pray he turns for you.

Ooo, and sort of off topic, but I'm rh- too. Thankfully so is Brett! Though now I'm tempted to tell my girls that their ideal boy should be negative. ;p

kim said...

Lots of turn around baby prayers headed your way! Mine were both head down, but posterior (Bugaboo turned sometime in the last couple weeks, Bean turned during delivery, which is part of what made hers a long and not so comfortable delivery), but I know that you can do all types of things that are supposed to help, so just keep practicing all the pretzel moves and hopefully you'll have some good news here soon! (or I'm hoping that your c-section is scheduled for the 17th, LOL).

soybeanlover said...

Thanks for the tips, advice, and words of comfort. I'll give it a try and we will see.

S - I'll definitely try the website. I get so frustrated HAVING to go to a hospital just because rh- is so uncommon here. Just tell the girls to not have babies in Asia.

K- oy that sounds like a lot of scary not fun as well.

M- I can't even imagine how you used the ironing board!

P - it didn't quite work maybe I should get a real neti pot. I'm going to try again at nap time and a more acurate saline recipe.