He really enjoyed seeing the sheep, the dogs and the lambs. He had talked about horses the whole way there, but when we finally got to see them up close he was scared.
I on the other hand was scared as we drove up the mountain. We found out this week that we need a new transmission, and so we had a REALLY hard time getting up the mountain with our not so good transmission. Our car was pretty cheap, and is small, so we are going to buy a new one soon. Oy!
Anyway, after playing in the rain two days in a row, Clark needed to warm up with some nice miso soup. It was really cute to watch him drink it.
In potty news, he went poop in the potty! Woo hoo! He was playing in the bathroom, and started saying poop, sat on the potty by himself and by the time I got there, was all done, and starting to look at his accomplishment. We've had mixed pee pee success, but since he is getting to despise diapers now, we're going full steam ahead. Notice the fun outfits we come up with while we are potty training. You can't see it in the picture, but he also is sporting a lovely saran wrap belt around his waist.
Other random things:
We got our car checked for it's yearly inspection, but the people NEGLECTED to check the battery or battery fluid, so as we were about to go home lasts night our battery died in front of Obaachan and Ojiichan's apartment building. Masaki and Hirokimi barely made it to the automotive store before it closed for a new battery. We were on the road just a bit later than usual, but thank goodness for the rain the encouraged us to try to leave earlier than normal, otherwise we'd be stuck BIG time. I'm feeling a bit disgruntled, since we paid $600 and they didn't even check our BATTERY! Idiots! So we have a new battery, a newly registered old car, and now we get to buy a new one that has a transmission that works and can fit more than just us and two kids.
Clark randomly starts spouting of quotes from his favorite books or counting from 1-14, skips 15 and 16 and starts up at 17-19.
Clark saw his new tricycle in the closet first thing this morning and asked to ride it. I was surprised because it is all folded up and hardly recognizable as something to ride, but he knows. He just has to wait until July 11th, poor kid.
I've discovered that waking up before 6am does more to help me feel sick than anything I could eat...hmm.
Clark has become a monkey. After I do some serious shower scrubbing, and laundry folding. I'll try to upload the video of him climbing over the chair at Obaachan and Ojiichan's house. He is just so excited to climb all over stuff now. He may do it with his baby doll strapped to his back, but dang he is good and fearless!
Oh, and I LOVE zucchini!
No comments:
Post a Comment