And it isn't all that bad. Ed is more energetic once he gets home, is making friends and hearing lots of Japanese.
Wednesday, April 13, 2011
Catharsis bonnet
I'm not enjoying kindergarden. Ed is exhausted by the end of the day, BK is lonely, frustrated and acting out, and it's throwing Mahana off of any semblance of a nap schedule. Plus they didn't let the kids play outside until they gave the tour today(day three). I understand why, and it's good reasoning, but I feel bad for Ed because it's what he has been wanting to do every day. I didn't know, so I told him to go play, and then the teachers told him not to. My fault, poor kid. So since we are all stressed, the boys went to bed early, and I sewed something. Projects make me feel better. Mahana needed a bonnet, viola!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hang in there--everything new is an adjustment, but you might see things settle in really quickly :)
How long is his school day? Is this just a regular Japanese school? Of course, I have no idea what is "regular" in Japan :)
I'm just most frustrated with naps being interrupted. If nothing else we only have one more week until it is time to leave for vacation.
He is going half days right now(9-11:30), but starts going full time(9-2) on the 21st.
So in Japan, Kindergarden is not compulsory. It's paid out of pocket, whereas grade school and up is provided by the state. Really the only reason I'm sending him is for the social/linguistic exposure, which he needs both of. If it weren't for that though, I probably would have kept him home.
Post a Comment