Thursday, March 17, 2011

Thank you!

As much as I want to go 'home' right now, as 007 points out this is my home now. I love that so many people are donating and trying to help the place that has given me a place to belong and raise my family. All three of my kids were born here, and this house is the longest I've lived anywhere ever.

I'll admit it, I'm scared. The aftershocks are nerve wracking, I'm worried about meltdown, the rolling blackouts are stressful(today we are schedule to go out from 9:30-1 and maybe again in the evening), people can't get gas for their cars, and we are trying not to turn on our heaters to conserve energy/fuel and not let weird radioactive stuff in the house(we are paranoid).

I'm grateful for a husband who is strong enough to be at work from 6am because of the blackouts. He walked for EIGHT hours to come home Friday. Our house is sturdy, and the kids love flashlights. Our stove works because it is gas! I can cook!!! It's not snowing here. There is a lot to be thankful for.

I needed to let that out. I'm so lucky, please pray for those further north of us.

4 comments:

Margo said...

Hang in there! I only thought you might be leaving based on other comments on fb : ) Eight hours is a LONG daily commute.

soybeanlover said...

I want to, but two passports take some time to procure.

Fortunately the trains are running again, so we're good.

Luna said...

Keep the Faith and know that when you are weak.... we are keeping it for you over here!

La Yen said...

You are in our prayers every day! I wish there was something more I could do...