Thursday, May 27, 2010

Marketing

Edamame and I were watching Kota the dinosaur commercials on YouTube today and they said "Real live dinosaur", so Ed asked me if it was. Of course I said no, because I like to quash imaginations like that, and then he asked me why the said that. My reply was simply "...because they are lying so that you'll buy it". Teaching early on to resist the tricks of marketing. Unfortunately, it didn't work that well and now he wants this

Kota and Pals Hatchlings

Now, do I cave and get him this for his birthday, when he'll really only play with it for a few days, or do I keep racking my brain for something cool to make him.

1 comment:

Luna said...

I can never figure that out. But I would say, make something. The odds are he will enjoy what you made more. AND.... you have the satisfaction of having made it. Though... if you run out of time or patience... you have a plan B!