Ok, so I sent a second picture to go with this, but here is the story.
Our house is flipping cold in the winter. How cold is it you ask? So cold that Edamame walks around on his tiptoes because he doesn't want to put his feet down. After an unsuccessful day of searching for children's slippers(HOW?!?! No one is allowed to wear shoes inside, how can this country not have decent children's slippers?) I was resigned to buy them from the Children's Place. Then lo and behold what I stumbled upon while reading someone's blog? A baby shoe pattern. I sized it WAY up for Edamame, and this is the end result. Not great, but not bad for a first time. I had to put the seams on the outside so that it wouldn't bother his feet while he was walking, which isn't a problem for wee babes.
Here is a closer picture of the slippers.
He was super excited, and wore them all day after I finished. Hopefully his totsies will stay warmer this winter. Now what do I do to keep him from slipping though? Any thoughts(no, tape isn't an option).

5 comments:
Put the non-skid stuff that you put in the bath tub on the bottom of them. It is stickey on one side and non-skid on the other.
:)
(I've missed you, mom!)
very fun. I am impressed. and they look cute. I thought they would have something at a fabric store to go on them. no help here...sorry!
These are super cute! I read a while ago about someone using silicone to make felt slippers less slippery...here
Use puff paint to paint on grippy bottoms.
Ohh puffy paint! I'll try that on BK's. Edamame won't let me change a thing. I would've looked for gripper fabric, but it was a very spur of the moment project on a Sunday. Are there such things as silicone glue guns?
Post a Comment