I'll try to get a regular post up soon, but it seems like we've been constantly going to the Dr. Turns out Edamame is somewhat asthmatic, so it makes getting over colds that much harder. BK on the other hand is strong as an ox and has learned to climb the stairs(I'll post a video in a few days). Plus I need to get ready to go to Obaachan and Ojiichan's this weekend for the 5 DAY WEEKEND! Woo hoo! Long holidays, and we'll celebrate Obaachan's birthday and retirement.
Which segways into my homework. What do I never leave home without?
My children...hehehe. Ok so seriously, I don't but, that's not what I'm going to write about. There are a lot of things that I don't leave home without on vacation. My toiletry bag is packed, clothes are of course a necessity, as is an iPhone at this point. I guess what I always try to remember though are the books and toys. We've yet to take a vacation by ourselves in the last three years, and truthfully the toys are the life saver. Toys, for the car ride, new toys for the airplane(the boys get a new toy for each plane ride), toys for the bus ride, etc. They serve a few purposes. First is to keep them entertained, because while the the TV holds them captivated at home when on rare occasion I do let them watch, it doesn't do much on an airplane. Secondly it helps them feel at home wherever we are. Something familiar to keep them company in a strange place, strange bed, and strange food. Neither of my boys have a toy that they can't be separated from, but they do have their preferences. I wish I didn't leave home without something exciting, but really the first and last thing I make sure we have are toys. Clothes - everyone needs those, diapers - we can get anywhere, I've forgotten my toothbrush a million times, passport - only need it when going home, but toys are ALWAYS needed. This also includes two bedtime stories stashed away. We always get new ones, but the oldies but goodies make anywhere feel more like home.
2 comments:
New toys for the airplane—great incentive for good behavior. You're a mom expert, through and through.
We always get the new toys for the trip. Some lady once told me to get colorforms, because they stick to the airplane windows and tray table. Haven't tried it yet, though. Bendaroos do too.
I can't imagine taking that long flight with little ones. It gives me pain just thinking about it!
Post a Comment