Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Ideal book store

Life is craaaazy, but I do want to do my homework...so here is my description of my ideal bookstore

A Clean Well Lighted Place + Stanford Bookstore

I know this dates me, and will only be understood by people who've lived in Silicon Valley, but of all the stores I've ever been to those have been my favorite. The books are organized, easy to find, but the place is inviting and non foreboding. I like to browse at Borders or B&N, but if I were to run a bookstore it'd be like those.

Oh and on a hint of inspiration. I miss being able to read. I am finally to the point where I can get the point of books if it is written about certain subjects I'm knowledgeable about(food and children), but unlike even reading in German, a dictionary is basically worthless unless you know the pronunciation of the kanji...and you learn that in high school here. Value your literacy.

I just finished the book 1491(stole it from my mom)....does anyone have any suggestions for books? I enjoy history, cultural, fantasy(a little sci-fi), and some classics. 007 likes mystery and suspense so we don't have a ton of overlap.

2 comments:

talesofahummingbird said...

hello from a fellow travelin' oma student.....i read 1491 recently and found it so intriguing. i couldn't put it down even though there was so much information to drink in and process.

Travelin'Oma said...

I'm glad to hear good things about 1491. It's on my husband's bookshelf, but neither of us has read it. Maybe if I didn't read 100 blogs a day, I could start it!