Today's brief post is one the catalog I JUST got in the mail! A maternity clothing catalog! WOOT! Say hello to cute clothes! Oh and even better the models are ACTUALLY pregnant, unlike other maternity clothing pamphlets I've seen here. I'm getting more clothes baby!
Oh and instead of being productive, I'm going to research strollers....TAKE THAT dishes!
Update: I know what stroller I want.. a Phil and Ted's Sport w/ doubles kit, I think I'd go for the Dash if it wasn't on a voluntary recall right now. I still have a few more months though....any comments?
5 comments:
We had a DuoGlider with the first two and loved it. Not so practical in Asia though so we sold that before we came back. I was actually looking at the Phil and Ted's also! I want a jogging stroller (to use with the babe while the girls are in school) but love that you can add the second seat as needed. Any clue how these are rated for use as an actual jogging stroller (look at me hosing off your research=) ). I want the best of both worlds-- one that can hold two but also one that I an actually jog with!
I'm so excited for you to have two-- it really is the best!
Jennifer, i jog with my two kids in it and my dog on a leash and i love it. it has been the PERFECT stroller for me!
Nicole, the recall i think is that it can pinch your fingers when folding and unfolding, i just got my little gaurd things to install on it and then it will be fine so i wouldn't worry about it too much IF that is the same reason the dash is recalled.
i hope you can get it, i LOVE mine but i think i already told you that about a million time while we were together those few days in utah so you know that already. :)
For the Dash it is pretty serious, I guess the handle collapses and then the stroller will actually fold while the kids are still in it while going up curbs and stuff. Phil & Teds has asked store to stop selling it and people to return them and stop using them if they already bought it.
I think I'm going for the same one as yours.
Just pay attention to size. Don't get me wrong that Phil and Ted is super sexy, I've drooled over it in the parenting magazines myself :), but I know you have a premium on space at your place. If it doesn't fold up compactly or you don't have a place to get it easily and completely out of the way when fully open, you will want to curse at that thing when your second can crawl/hits that exploratory stage. (you know, don't touch the dirty dirty stroller wheels and then put your hands into your mouth. Or my favorite, don't pull junk off of the stroller wheels and put it in your mouth). Of course, maybe your kid wont do that... This goes for double strollers in general. Sure that Duoglider is like a cadillac (smooth, luxe ride), but good luck getting a cadillac into a compact parking spot if you get my drift (says the woman who has a Citta Twin sitting under her kitchen table). What I've seen lately for non-jogging use is the buggy boards, which clip onto your single and allow your older kid to stand up between you and the handles. It's different from the 'sit and stands' because it is completely removable so you don't have to have it all the time. But of course, that's a horse of a different color :).
S
I've seen my sister-in-laws P&T and it actually folds up fairly small. That is one of the biggest issues for me and Jen. Right now our single BOB is taking up half of our entry way, and it is rather annoying in that sense. With the P&T we could also get rid of our cheapo umbrella stroller too, so get rid of two just to have one. It's a good fit, and compact all around. Thanks for the tip about the buggy board though, that sounds really cool.
Post a Comment