Saturday, September 27, 2008

Empathetic and Inquisitive

We, as always, have had a fun week.  Ok, so I was actually really tired, but that has been my fault for staying up too late and starting to enforce a wake up time for me and Edamame, but still we've been productive.  We made pumpkin chocolate chip muffins/cupcakes yesterday.  It's kinda my own recipe...hmm I should post it...anyway, we had a pumpkin and needed to use it, so we had fun making these.  We had 2 birthdays in September and 1 in October in nursery, so we'll bring these tomorrow for a birthdayish party.  Edamame LOVES baking, he stirs, pours in, and even can dish out into muffin cups.  Ok, so it gets REALLY messy, but he is getting better.  The one important cooking lesson he hasn't learned yet is cleaning up after oneself.  





What am I supposed to do with this rag????

In other Edamame news, we've watched a movie and a few shorts recently and they've really upset him.  We were watching Lilo & Stitch and he was getting really upset that Stitch was sad and had no mommy.  Same thing when we were watching the Fantasia 2000 bit about Noah's ark and Donald and Daisy can't find each other.  Some mornings he'll climb into bed with me after the alarm has gone off and say 'I missed you!'  Melts my heart.

On the inquisitive side of thing, he is now pointing at everything and saying 'this?' asking me to name it.  I've had to label all the parts of various toy cars(how many 2 year olds know what a spoiler is?), airplanes, and pictures in books.  It is a lot of fun, but when he keeps pointing at Peter Pan's hand and asking what it is I wonder what I'm missing.

Oh and he used the word violence.  He's getting a bit picked on in the neighborhood, so we were trying to teach him how to say stop.  I'd pretend to hit 007 and 007 would say 'yamete!', but 007 was trying to teach him how to block and punch back too.  Edamame would ask for more and I said 'great we're teaching our kid violence' then Edamame busts out with 'more violence!!!!'

Ohh dear!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, how are you? I am sending you this comment, because I am serching for blogger friends, and your site is interesting to me. I have an art blog here in San Diego, and I am curious if you would become my freind? Are you up to it?
I hope to see you soon on my art blog, and take care,
Sincerely,
Jesse