Thursday, September 25, 2008

Eat eyes please!

I love fish, it is tasty, and the Japanese sure know how to do fish.

Today we ate hoshita sakana, basically fish cut open and gutted so that it looks like a butterfly and has been lightly rubbed in salt and put in the sun for a few days to dry out a bit, and then you cook it in your fish oven.  I'm sure they do this in really tightly environmentally controlled way now, but the sun thing was how they used to do it.  It is DELICIOUS!  Edamame loves it, but it turns out his favorite part to eat is the eyes.

As soon as he sees the fish he asks to eat the eyes, and asks repeatedly, and has to look at the fish head over and over and over again until he is sure he has eaten all of the eyes.

Gross.

I'm glad morning sickness stopped and I can cook fish again though.

Oh, and awesome potty training moment.  After lunch I took his very wet diaper off, and just let him run around in his pants for a few minutes.  I had plans to re-diaper him in a few, but before I could he said 'pee pee mommy', and viola, potty time.  Why is this cool?  Well up until recently unless he was 'naked boy' from the waist down, he couldn't tell.  Thomas underwear is going to be awesome incentive now!  Also this means we can go out in public without going commando.

2 comments:

Sarah Bogh said...

GROSS!!! i'm so not loving the thought of him eating those right now! i would not be able to handle that especially if i was prego, but i am glad that your morning sickness has gotten better for you!

QueenScarlett said...

Wow... the eyes. Impressive. He's a real Japanese boy. ;-)