Friday, September 5, 2008

Crafty family

Despite being tired, I still did a lot of crafting during the 'jet lag recovery' phase.  I like it, it is cathartic, and helps me feel more organized in a weird way.

Here's a almost short list of what I did, I'll take a picture of the second dress this weekend when 007 is home more.

One regency era dress.  This will only fit a bit longer, but should tide me over until it starts to cool down.
One rad tablecloth and some peach yogurt pops(today's ice cream flavour is sweet potato and carrots).  As 007 put it 'wow it looks like a real kitchen table now!'



An impromptu cape (Edamame calls it a princess costume, but whatever) out of fabric scraps.


Crepe's for breakfast.  I figured out how to make them for Edamame too.  Grandma got us some AWESOME egg replacer, and I use that instead of the vegan recipe...turns out much better.



Re-potty training, it must be working, he's pretending to go to the potty in some funny places.  I convinced him to go poop in the potty this morning by telling him it'd be easier and he could play with his music books.  It worked 'easier poop, mommy', and I was right, it was easier!

We painted the bag we put our kiddie bowling pins in.

Daddy did some work on the shower.  I love how good he looks in the picture, rowr!
Of course, someone else had to do some shower improvements too.



One more regency dress, but modified to fit a pregnant me, I'm quite pleased with how it turned out, but I have a few questions that I'll pose when I post the picture.

And last but not least...a baby.  Ok, so the pictures aren't that great, but I'll try to get a real belly shot soon.  When we went to the Dr. on Monday after getting back the kid was measuring almost 2 weeks large, and was supposedly('cause it isn't THAT accurate) over 1 lb.  He's kicking hard, now if we can just compromise on a name for him...oh and he's still a boy.




by the way, we are being bunnies here.  We sometimes watch Yoga Kids, Silly to Calm, and he likes the part about being a bunny.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Wow, you have been busy! I love how crafty you are. It inspires me. :) We've had Derek & Mari here for a visit, which has been a lot of fun.

Darryl said...

Hi Nicole! Congratulations on the upcoming arrival! Guess what. I competed in my first triathlon! And I wasn't last. Yay me!