Wednesday, July 12, 2006

The birth story

Ok Masaki posted a half post for me, so I'll make a condensed version of the labor story. So I end up getting back pain with my contractions around 5pm ish and call Masaki around 5:30 to tell him to leave work a few minutes early. I also eat since I figure that it might be the last time for a while. So after that I hopped in the bath to help ease the pain. Afterwards I rest for a bit, but the contracts are pretty frequent so about 9 pm I start having Masaki time them, and it finally got too bad around 10:45 and I made him call the hospital. They told us yes definitely come in, since contractions were about 6 minutes apart then, and I couldn't talk very well anymore. So we got here on one of the most painful car rides of my LIFE and checked in. This time I let them wheel me up to the maternity ward in a wheel chair. I lay down there and deal with stuff the 'hypnobirthing' way for a while, which started to not work as well as it got worse. Ohh yeah I was only 3 cm when I got here too, which I wasn't too happy about, but oh well I can wish for more, right? Well time actually passed pretty quickly, but painful. I was begging Masaki for some drugs. All I gotta say is why choose natural when you can have an epidural? Well we didn't have the choice, so natural it was.
Masaki says no pain no gain. I'd hit him if he wasn't holding the baby. Anyway back to the story. After throwing up ALL OVER the place, and getting another shower, I didn't even bother standing anymore. I was shaking too bad. The other lady was taken to delivery and I was able to calm down a bit with less distraction. It still hurt, but I could focus better. Though I started noticing my body was starting to push, which I thought was odd. I tried to resist it but after a while it was just too strong, so we called the nurse over and asked her what was going on, and she said not to worry the baby was just dropping, and so she left to tend to the other lady who'd just delivered, and not a minute later my water broke, so we called her back and she checked me out and said the baby was coming. I had like 5 minutes of strong contractions, and that is when hypnobirthing went out the window and what the lady was telling me made more sense, so I followed her lead in the delivery room. We weren't there for even a whole hour when he finally made his entrance into the world. I was doing as ok as can be expected, but I thought Masaki was going to pass out. His hands were turning white(not from me), and he was shaking. It was a mixture of a freaky, fast experience, fatigue and cold he says that made him shake. We all got a nap after a few minutes of staring at the baby. We just slept on the delivery table. We finally had to part at 7 when dad got to go home and take a nap and so did I, but a lot shorter one. So that is the story of Clark and his entrance.

No comments: