Monday, July 4, 2005

Happy 4th of July

Well since it is the end of the 4th over here and just the beginning of it over in the States, I'm here to wish you all a happy 4th of July. We had the day off(because we have every day off), and I made potato salad and corn on the cob to help us feel at home. We haven't bought the grill yet but that purchase will be made some time this week. We'll be real 'mericans out her' in J'pan. Notice the nice western accent. =) Anyway, not much going on, other than I'm a blog slacker. I got a job, and a new calling at church. I'm going to be an assistant teacher for the 10 year old girls in Sunday School. Masaki has two interviews, so that is a very possitive thing, and I'm going to start giving English lessons to my next door neighbor. So all in all life is good. Plus it is the rainy season so when we did fireworks tonight(sparklers....we'll bust out the big boys for Pioneer Day) we didn't have to worry about fire hazard because everything is very very wet. Just so you know also, my first potato salad EVER came out very nicely, and I got to give Masaki a little American history lesson(even though he doesn't like history, but I'll try to find a way to make it interesting).

No comments: