are squeamish or male feel free to sit this one out.
So I set the alarm for 2:30 last night to make sure Mahana would get
up and eat. Yes, insanity, but because she sleeps so long at night, 4+
hours being the norm, I can't seem to keep my supply up. I wanted to
make sure she got up so I'd be sucked on for stimuli. I've had a beast
of a time with producing this time around. I do have my barmaid
moments, but it's not like with the boys. The TWO uterine infections
did not help. Having two crazy(and one aggressive/clingy) little boys,
and a fussy not-sleeping-in-the-day-for-more-than-50min. little girl
is not doing good things to my stress level. Oh and BK fights sleeping
tooth and nail. I'm lucky to get breakfast before 8:30 most days(up
since 6:30). Arrrrrrgh!!!!! Plus I WANT to exercise, but now I'm
afraid to for milk reasons. Exercise makes me feel gooooood. Can you
say stress relief?
Really, I'll be fine. I've got some fenugreek(how do you ingest
powdered, non-capsulated fenugreek?), and grandma will come and stuff
my belly. Mahana will start sleeping in the day again, and BK will
figure out that sleep is a good thing. I just needed to vent or else
worry would cut my production down to nothing. The ped at her 1 month
got me all worried because her weight gain was low(duh! Mommy was sick
twice, how about find that out before you start making assumptions
that something is wrong and freaking me out, thx).
Thanks for letting me vent. Feels better.
2 comments:
I hear ya on the woes! I ALWAYS have trouble. So I have learned quite a bit. If you can get domperidone it helped tremendously!
Also this recipe for some cookies helped a bit too! http://tinyurl.com/4zt5k57 And they taste great! I hope you can find some of the ingredients.
I would put fenugreek in milk. Or in some cereal.... maybe mixed in oatmeal. And get ready to smell like maple syrup, cuz you will.
You could also try pumping right after nursing, just to get supply up a bit more.
I was also told to nurse every 2-3 hours during the day, and every 4 hours at night.
Goat's rue is supposed to help as well. Mother's Love makes it, but I have no idea if and how you can get it there. They also make "more Milk Plus" that has several things that help to increase supply.
Fo me stress is a huge killer of my supply.... but having a shrinking supply doesn't help with the stress... go figure!
Good luck!
Thanks for the encouragement and help. I'm doing much better now, it seems I just need to be really careful to make sure my caloric intake doesn't drop too low.
I think I'll have to make some cookies though. I have yet to find brewer's yeast though.
Post a Comment