Wednesday, December 16, 2009

I'm procrastinating again...

So here's what I've been up to.

I made a sponge cake to practice before I taught my friend how to make one. I learned the hard way to always try it yourself first before you teach. It turned out good. I'm now a huge fan of sponge cake. It's a smart Christmas Eve tradition the Japanese have. Of course, being the glutton for punishment that I am, will try to make an authentic German Stollen for Christmas. I've had to candy my own orange peel already...yeek!


Oh and also I'm squandering my time looking at old pictures. Can you guess who these lovely ladies are ?


...and I just felt prettier then.

Now to try keep making quilt squares.

6 comments:

La Yen said...

Pretty then, pretty now!
I LOVE candied peels. I am making a huge batch today...

Amy B said...

who are the babies?... I would guess one is pam, but I have no idea.

soybeanlover said...

Thanks La Yen!

Amy - they are actually Gracie and Tenna.

icephoenix said...

o.m.g. sponge cake (never had one never thought about them but you sure just spiked my interest!)

any recipe and pointers u can send me to? x.x

soybeanlover said...

Here it is
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Nannies-Hot-Milk-Sponge-Cake/Detail.aspx

Sarah Bogh said...

Oh what a cute picture!! Can you believe they were ever that small and quiet and relatively un-emotional??? I can't!!!
And you are so so beautiful!!