Ok, so I've got a crazy question for you all.
Would you have a baby early than you had planned for extra money?
Here is the situation.
I was thinking that we'd try for baby #3 to be born from about July or Octoberish 2011(I'm a planner if you can't tell...thank goodness for FAM), but we just found out today that if I give birth to a baby between today and March 31st of 2011 we'd get an extra $400 from the government. So I ask you, should I try for the extra $400 or is my sanity worth much more than that?
discuss.
10 comments:
$400 isn't a lot of money. At least, not enough to make me have a baby when I don't feel ready.
haha, too funny. i'll have to check our your link. I was just reading about it in the book Women's bodies, Women's Wisdom. I like that book. Anyhow... I think that sanity is worth much more than $400, WAY MORE!
However, if your sanity is not really the issue and you are just thinking that July or October sound "nice", then go for the money.
From my experience 3 children feels like much more work than 2. Everyone said this to me and I still didn't really know what to expect. Caroline has been an easier baby than the boys, which has helped, but you just have constant needs. I feel like I wake up unrested and go non-stop all day and then crash as soon as they are all in bed, hoping that I'll get enough sleep to tackle all the needs the next day. Thomas is 5 1/2 and it is REALLY nice that he can actually do almost all his morning routine by himself.
Sanity! Especially if you think that will be an issue with a 5 yr. old and a 2+ year old. That being said the 2+ year old will be in that 'phase' at any given time between March of 2011 until March 2013, probably hitting the peak in 2012.
Me? I vote for October 2011 : >. I think I can stand the weather then!!!
Love ya!
mom
P.S. I'll give you the extra $400 if you wait! ha ha ha ha ha
sanity- hands down- no competition!!! I want to be a happy mother every day, and give lots of time to kids, being a patient mom not a sleep deprived, onry mom!
Only if you use that $400 on a pair of killer heels and not on the baby.
Hmm good food for thought, maybe we'll shoot for a March baby and if we miss, just wait for a bit...thank you ladies
Oh and La Yen - I much prefer that idea as opposed to 007's which was to get a PS3.
March is a better time to have a baby if you worry about RSV. Do they have issues like that over there? Probably no because Japan is so much better than America. ;)
No RSV worries here, but hey we do have to worry about things like TB and Kawasaki's disease. =P~
I thought it was funny that your preferred timing is pretty much my "no way!" timing--aren't summers pretty brutal over there?
And I have to agree with the pp--maybe if it was $4000 and could buy me a parttime nanny to help out, but otherwise, I think I'd stick with my plans to wait longer. Although really, when it comes down to it, you can't ever count on anything and plans have a way of changing.
Sanity > $400.
Post a Comment