Saturday, July 12, 2008

Disneyland!

Wow, what a day! I was so excited that when I woke up at 5:45 to use the bathroom, I couldn't go back to sleep. Fortunately Edamame woke up pretty early too, so we got an early start to our day. After presents(yeah! he could FINALLY ride on his tricycle and take it for a spin around the block), breakfast of crepes, some playing, and showers we were off to Disneyland, and because of the early wake up time, Edamame at least had a decent nap in the car(as opposed to a really suck one he could have had at Disneyland).




We got there and met up with Grandpa, and the fun began.



This being Disney and Japan, the lines were long, so we rode on the carousel and teacups(a HUGE hit!), which only had a 10 minute wait each, before getting some lunch.



Then after much begging by Edamame we went on Roger Rabbits Cartoon spin. He was scared while waiting in line...bad sign. The two two year olds behind us we're taking turns being scared too. Then Edamame said he wanted to ride with Grandpa. Not a good idea, he was crying within the first 10 seconds or so. Fortunately the ride broke down and they got us off of it. I could hold my dear sweet baby, and we got three free front of the line passes! Being the smart people that we were, we each took a turn on a different ride with Edamame, without the 40 min wait! My turn was on Peter Pan(dark and thus scary necessitating mommy), Grandpa did Dumbo's Flight and 007 did Pooh's Honey Hunt.



Of course we also hit up It's a small World, Teacups(again), the Disneyland Railroad and the Jungle Cruise, which we're all good choices. On the Disney Railroad there is a section with Dinosaurs, which was fun until the one scene with the T-Rex trying to take out a Stegosaurus, at which point I heard a little voice saying "No, dihdote, no dihdote", but once we were out in the sunshine again he said "moh dihdote! moh dihdote!". I guess the coolness of dinosaurs outweighed the scariness. At this point though it was 5:30 and Edamame was obviously tired, so we grabbed some more food, got a few presents vicariously from other people, and made our way to the exit. Oh and to top it off, our last trip to the bathroom, he wanted to go pee pee in the potty too! Woo hoo, good end to a good day. He then passed out in the car after 5 min(007 won the bet, I had said 10 and grandpa said 7.5 min).

Today's adventures will be Ikea to spend our gift certificate/prize and carrot cake with Obaachan, Ojiichan and maybe Uncle Tak. I'm going to try to do a nemo decoration on it, wish me luck!

1 comment:

Katie said...

How fun! Happy birthday to your little munchkin! I'm so glad we have a Disneyland here in HK, too. It's small, though. I think Maya would go into shell-shock if she ever got to go to the ones in the US.