guess who is totally like daddy?
I'm doing a combo 3-in-1 post for Japan Cool!, Clarkomatic update and a tale of our most recent venture to the Capital of Japan.
It all started because we were doing a primary activity at the JMTC where the kids got to learn about being a missionary. The JMTC is about 10 min by car(45 on foot) from Grandpa's hip pad in Tokyo, so we decided to stop in for a visit, make the whole thing a two day trip and take it easy, instead of a very yucky Saturday for all of us. It was nice, and Clark had a lot of fun toddling around the apartment and playing the the flying monkey toy Grandpa has. He even tried picking up the kettle bells, and succeeded on the 4 kg one! We also got a chance to introduce Kumi to pumpkin pie...muhahahaha. We also got to go to the international store(which has a lot of stuff from Costco....hmmm) and I saw a sign there that said 'National Market, world goods for worldly people'. I dunno if it is just my religious part, but worldly doesn't seem to have the best connotation. Oh well. On the way there though, dad and I got to talk a bit about electric cars, which is today's Japan Cool!

We were checking out hybrid cars on the interweb, because we'd like to own one one day. Turns out the Toyota Prius is the best, and Honda gets only slightly lower gas mileage. So we know what we'll get. What was disgusting was the American made hyrbids were boasting 28 in city/ 36-38 highway gas mileage. WHAT!?!?!?! I was getting that with my 2000 VW Passat. What is the point in owning a hybrid if you are getting crappy mileage like that? I mean I would hope that the eco-conscious American public isn't so easily duped when you put a hybrid sticker on a car and give it last decade's gas performance in Europe/Asia. I mean seriously people, that is just horrible. A hybrid SUV getting 12mpg...WHAT?!?!?! Anyway, I say buy Japanese....or use a bike.
Ok, enough complaining, lets talk about Clark. Like I said he can say stuff like cracker, apple, bubble and he has started saying amen(men, ah-men). He likes folding his arms at random times especially while eating or in the car and making me pray over and over and over again. I get inventive with the prayers. He also cut his lip for the first time at the playground today. WOW it bled a lot, but he got distracted by the pigeons relatively quickly. He now says bo(bird), and sometimes bo(boshi-hat), beh(bear), and a few others. Oh and lately, if he wants me to go to another room with him or go walking with him, he'll come to me say 'go, go', grab my hand and start walking.
I'm really tired, lets end now =)
Oh, but a quick shout-out to grandma! Thanks for the moccasins, they are sooooo wonderful! They keep his feet warm on our FREEZING cold floor. He loves wearing shoes inside the house, so he's a very happy kid.
No comments:
Post a Comment