First is something called kanten. It is gelatin made from veggies. No cow hooves or anything here. I got it as an egg substitute so that some of the stuff I bake for Clark will stick together better. The egg susbtitute I got from mom a few months ago has wheat in it, and we recieved it pre-wheat allergy knowledge. So I needed to find something else to make stuff sticky. I can throw in some extra baking powder and a little bit of this powder and viola, GREAT barley pumpkin muffins for Clark. YEAH!

Second is something called dashi iri miso. It is basically miso paste with fish bullion in it. Real miso soup is made with fish stock, but since I have no idea how much to add, this makes my life a lot easier since I don't have to figure out the right proportions for two ingredients.
I know, it is really weird stuff, but it is stuff I will definitely miss it in the States.
ciao!
No comments:
Post a Comment