
For some odd reason I feel like going to my 10 year high school reunion. Maybe more because it would be an excuse to go back to the States, and I kind of need a US fix right now. I know, I'd just get angry at the politics and environmental situation there, but I do crave my Jamba Juice and using my drivers liscence from time to time. Plus with 60% humidity at 99F I want some dry heat. Anyway, back to the class reunion thing. Really, why should I want to go. I want to see like maybe 4 people, ontop of that I'd like to see Nef, but she's up in Washington, and probably won't come down for it. Then there is Queen Scarlet, but she graduated 2 years before me it isn't her reunion. So really, who do I want to see? Then there is the whole thing about where to stay, and finding someone to watch Clark while I'm off galavanting at a Cocktail Party (yeah for booze! It's fun to watch people get plastered...not). You know I'd almost do better going to Seattle, then I could see Nef, Leigh, scope out jobs for Masaki and then fly to SLC to be with Pam...hmm. Now I just need to find the money...hmm.
Who has been to a high school reunion? Was it worth it? Anyone going to mine?
7 comments:
Mine hasn't had one yet (and no, its not that I'm so young--just a lame class). I would have gone though if there had been one, but we only lived a 1 hr. plane ride away at the time. We went to DH's and it was fun to meet all his friends.
If you come to SLC, we have to get together!
We're having a reunion? I didn't even know! If I find out more about it, I might go. Though I've lost contact with many of my high school friends, too, except for you, Nef, and that's about it from our class. I still keep in contact with some others from other classes, though. When is it?
I didn't go to either the 5 or 10 year MV reunions. Nothing changes, really, at the 5 year (except that now people can legally drink), and likewise at the 10.
I hear there's a trend for "school reunions" - where you get to see people who weren't necessarily in your class, but who were at school the same time as you . . . I'd be more up for that, and it sounds like you would, too . . . maybe propose it to your class pres for the 20 yr. Who was it, anyhow?
If you decide to go... I hope you come visit me! The future bride and groom have to meet. ;-)
I went to the 10 year. It was... fine. Nothing really to write home about. I was impressed that we had so much money banked for out class - but what do you expect from where we lived. Food was good - it was at E&O in San Jose. I won a prize... that was fun. Strange to see so many people that weren't progressing in life the way they wanted.
It was weird that people were envious of my life - when I feel pretty ... average. Does that make sense? Made me even more grateful for the path my life has taken. Blessed. Us married, with kids, house, etc are a small bunch. A lucky bunch.
hmmm I think I'll wait for now then. I'll just have to find a way to meet up with people at Christmas. It isn't worth the money or the headache for something that is 'fine'.
Good point Kim, if only Masaki had a class reunion!
Well, now it looks like I might be going! I got the info from Nef, and we were planning a trip to Cupertino anyway in October. Still not sure if we'll go ($50 a head is a lot especially when we won't drink any of the "freeflowing" alcohol), but we'll at least be in town that weekend.
Hey Mayzaboo,
did you get the link I posted on your site? It sounds like you have way more info than me.
$50 a head?!?!?! dude, when I move back to the states, lets host a DRY party.
Post a Comment