Saturday, June 16, 2007

...because I can..

Yep, I'm posting, just because I can. Clark is sleeping, most of the housework is done, and I can relax for a bit...YEAH! Plus, everything I needed to order from the States to send to my mom before she comes out has been ordered, so we are totally good to go. I'm even feeling a bit more loquacious than usually, maybe it is a good thing the PMS is finished for the month. Though I am afraid the chocolate I consumed last week will leave a lasting impression on my butt. We've had a lot of fun this week, plus Obaachan came over on Thursday night, so we've had an extra play pal for the last two days. She works super hard too, so our house is BEAUTIFUL! Clark is turning into the super walker, he's started using those push toys, so I'm sure he'll be moving on his own in a few weeks. Though his skin isn't doing so well, so I need to figure out what he is allergic to now...oy!



Oh and one more 'me' thing, my yogurt finally worked! Muahhahahaha. I put it out on a warm, not too hot day, and by the end of the sunny day the yogurt was solid...not like cheese solid, but like storebought yogurt solid. It even tasted like real plain yogurt. I think we did it!

Masaki is giving it a go at installing MacOSX on his Windows computer, so we'll see how that goes, and tonights baking project, pumpkin chocolate chip cake with cream cheese frosting.




Clark has some new favorite foods like cheese, pumpkin, green peas, and mushrooms. He doesn't like mango, kiwi, and he tends to be a bit wary of fruit. He spits out his apple juice and makes his 'this is gross, mom!' face. He has also started to dance while he plays his baby piano, it is stinking hillarious. Our plan today is to buy him a new pair of shoes, since he has outgrown his current pair. Good job baby boy!

One last thing, crazy this from English class. I was teaching on Tuesday night, as I am often wont to do, and one of my students starts telling me she was looking up the word consume on her cell phone dictionary and she scrolled down a bit and came to the word consumate. She was surprised, but it reminded her of the word I taught them the previous week, 'shotgun wedding'. The other students we're very confused as to how she came upon this word, and it took some explaining, but they finally understood. It made for an interesting class. Hey, I'm used to it, Masaki used to learn his English from Bevis and Butthead and college boys.

5 comments:

Maren Berry said...

I need that pumpkin chocolate chip cake recipe!! That sounds just delicious!! I love pumpkin, and I love chocolate, so what a winning combo! :) Clark is a cutie as always- thanks for sharing pics! :)

soybeanlover said...

Okie dokie, I'll post it on Serrano Savories hopefully in a day or two. I still remember you coming in from lunch at school one day with a pumpkin smoothie, and saying it was deelish.

Hehehe I love seeing Jordan grow too, she is moving so much!

QueenScarlett said...

I love that picture of Clark and the noodles hanging out... so cute.

CONGRATS on the Yogurt. ...and is it weird that I can hear you go muhahaha? Just like when Pam does it too.

soybeanlover said...

hahaha, that is awesome. I guess we have our trade marks...like you and Kalea saying "freakin'"

Stephanie said...

Yay for the yogurt! I finally made it again after slacking for far too long. I'm sort of kicking myself for that because it is sooo good. I need to whip up some granola to go with it!